We are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join our IT team and help us build functional software and web-based applications.
Senior Ruby Developer responsibilities include creating back-end solutions, building efficient gems and integrating front-end components. If you’re interested in both getting your hands dirty with writing code from scratch and reviewing other people’s work, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will contribute in all phases of the software development life cycle, from design to deployment.
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby
- Build back-end components for web applications
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security
- Review and debug junior developers’ code
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions
- Build, install and share gems and plugins
- Create automated test scripts
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Ruby Developer
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming
- Hands-on experience writing command-line apps using Ruby libraries
- Expertise in Rails
- Understanding of agile software development
- Familiarity with automated testing platforms
- Problem-solving skills
- Team spirit
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field